Saturday, July 17, 2010

Technology

I know that I am on match.com so I should have been prepared for this, but I wasn't. Has technology ruined dating? I mean, we look at someone's profile and know pretty much everything about them and we haven't even spoken yet. Then I "wink' at him and wait until he logs online so see if he wants to "wink" back. This whole process is exhausting not to mention a little demeaning. So after I like you on paper, then we go on a date. This is of course after weeks of texting and emailing back and forth. A couple of dates and you finally get to see who the person really is and whether or not you even want to continue dating him. The entire time this process is happening, you are still meeting and talking to other people, as is he. Has technology taken away the butterflies in the stomach feeling?

2 comments:

  1. Remember when "talking" actually meant talking on the phone and we made CDs to share a little bit about ourselves? Pure nostalgia about the good ole' 90s! Try a no texting before the 1st date policy. :) It's so much more fun actually discovering someone in real time. It's fascinating to read what dating has become these days though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting points.I have never actually been on match.com but I have heard many things about it. I am really not into the online dating thing. Although, it has many good qualities, I believe the biggest fear of the entire process is "fear of false identity!" Many have successfully made relationships connect with online sites such as match.com, however, I'm sure the number is even greater for those who have been truly dissappointed with the entire online dating process!

    http://bseriousornot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete