Sunday, June 24, 2012

Wow, it's been over a year!

So, I can not believe it's been a year (almost to the date) since I have last blogged. So much has happened. Not all good, but many learning experiences.


When I last left off, I was going to do the SOY (summer of yes). Long story short, never happened. Nobody's fault, but I think even my friends realized what a beating it is to try and date...especially if it was for me. The dating world has changed a little bit since I last blogged.

First off, we are not only judged on looks and personality, but on whom we follow on twitter. Actually had a guy get disgusted that I follow Kim Kardashian. I quickly tried to follow up with the fact that I also follow Mark Cuban, but he was already one foot out the door. Can you judge me really? I mean if I am interested in an exciting dating life, why not follow the queen of all dating mishaps right? Not that I necessarily WANT a dating life like hers, but surely some of you get my point.

Another thing that has changed is the "coffee" date. Is this the new cheap way to get to know a girl without spending bucks? Am I getting judged on the latte that I choose? I mean I like my whole milk, but the pressure to get soy on a date is pretty overwhelming. And what size do you get? It’s obvious that the Venti is too much for this guy, so do I get the smallest? Way too complicated for me.

One last thing that I have noticed over the last year is the "you decide" philosophy. Has the women's movement changed men so drastically that they can not even decide where to take a girl out to dinner? I appreciate that you want me to be comfortable, but can you pick a CITY that works for you? I find it utterly frustrating that a man can not even pick a restaurant anymore. I suppose the solution became coffee...

It's been a wild year off (and by wild I mean educational), but I am ready to jump back in. I am still in the same boat, but it’s a better boat. One with a life jacket...I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment